Okay, really my pictures don’t bring guys to my yard, but it got your attention right? So, I don’t have school today, so naturally I’m still in my pajamas and making a tutorial of my newest discovery on Photoshop. So here’s the tutorial of how to edit a photo. I’ll be posting new ones whenever I learn a different way.
Learn to take you photo from bland to BAM! By the way, this is my lovely friend Lola ( http://bleeding-gold.blogspot.com )
1. Open Photoshop. Open the photo you would like to edit. In the layers palette, duplicate the photo by right clicking and selecting ‘duplicate layer’.
2. Go to top of layers palette and select Soft light from the drop box.
3. In the menu select Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Layer > Select Exclusion > 100% opacity > choose a color, I used #0f1224
4. Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Levels > slide the black triangle towards the right a little. This makes stronger shadows.
5. Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Layer > Soft Light > 70% opacity > choose a color, I used #644216
6. Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Layer > Overlay > 50% opacity > choose a color, I used #e4c2e0
7. Right click on your duplicated photo in the layers palette. Select 'duplicate later'. Make sure it is duplicated with Soft Light at the top of the layers palette.
All done! Hope you enjoy your newly edited photo! Hopefully this made sense. If you have any questions though feel free to contact me!
Keep winning. Keep Failing.
XOXO Dani Kirtley